Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Why You Should Never Be Sad


     There is not one single person who is happy every day of their lives. You can act as positive and perfect as you want, but you do not smile when you pour a bowl of cereal and realize you are out of milk. You are not always laughing. You are not always gushing rainbows. You are not always happy, because you are human. It took me a long time to realize that it is okay not to be okay. Some days when I feel down, I feel guilty because I know many people would kill for my life. Whenever I have a bad day, people always say something like, "Seriously, your life is perfect. Stop." Which only leaves me feeling even more upset and ungrateful.

    However, we are able to title certain days "bad" because we have had the opposite days: Good.
So how do I change a bad day to a good one?

I sit down, grab some coffee, and think of all the reasons why I should never be sad.


1) There is an entire "how to" book for life, but some never open it.
    God knew we would have our good days and have our bad. He knew we would worry so much about things that the phrase "Do not fear" is mentioned in the Bible 365 times. Having a personal relationship with God is honestly the only key to true joy. I know I joke around about things, but I wouldn't be who or where I am without Him.

2) Pizza is of existence.
    Need I say more? No.

3) Pizza can be delivered.
    I guess I'm saying more. Turns out you don't even have to move to find happiness. It now comes to you.

4) Hugs
      Hugs can immediately change someones mood. Hugs are soft. Hugs are mushy. Hugs are warm. Basically, pizza.

5) Smiles
     It is said that a smile is the world's universal language. It doesn't matter who the smile comes from or its timing, but it can make someone feel important. It portrays and spreads happiness. So brighten those eyes, and say cheese! Also found on pizza.


Basically, life won't always be good. You are human and I am human. I may have to work out more than you because of my pizza consumption, but none the less human. Embrace your bad days. Don't feel guilty about them. So you had a bad day? No big deal, you'll have way better ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment