Thursday, April 14, 2016

Helpful Hints: Motivation

     It's that time again. I have no other excuses to put off working out. The Christmas cheer has passed (that lasted me until now- April 14th) and Summer is right around the corner. The stores are filling with bathing suits and thinning on oversized sweaters. For those of you who don't know, oversized sweaters are a lazy workout girl's best friend and I am sad that the season has vanished.

     However, there is this lovely thing called motivation and although it is buried 372004829 feet under the ground...it can be found! Here are some tips that help be get going:

1) Coffee
     Guys. I don't know what it is about this liquid, but it is miraculous and definitely helps give me a push in the morning.

2) Wake up early
     I know this doesn't sound pleasant, but waking up early gives you more time in the day and you can't have the excuse of "I didn't' have time." 
    (Which I still use even after hours of watching TV- "I just didn't have time to work out today. Dang.")

3) Inspiration
     BE REASONABLE HERE. Don't immediately google Beyonce and expect yourself to look like her after two days of working out. You will not and it is extremely disappointing, trust me. Find inspiration in people similar to you who are making progress and strive to be better than you were yesterday. (I made that line up)

4) Music
    Nothing is more motivating for me during a workout than listening to music. Hearing the sound of my dying breaths while I run is haunting and mildly concerning. Therefore, I blast my music. Shameless Demi Lovato playlist on repeat. Yes, that includes the Camp Rock soundtrack duh.

5) Burn the negative thoughts
   There is nothing more destructive than your own mind. I can talk myself in or out of something faster than lightning. The first thought I have during a run is, "Yes! What a beautiful day for a run!" Then, "This sucks. This is so terrible. I don't even like moving."  
    Monitor your thoughts. Don't even let your mind finish the negative thought. It will make life 45600 times better all around. 


What I'm Wearing
1) Sports bra: Target
2) Cropped leggings: Target
3) Jacket: Nike






 

No comments:

Post a Comment