Monday, April 4, 2016

5 Things a Girl on a Budget Understands

Let me just start this off buy saying, (hehe, get it "buy" saying...because we're talking about money...*winks*)

...Let me just start this off by saying MONEY DOES BUY HAPPINESS BECAUSE MONEY CAN BUY COFFEE AND SHOES, so don't tell me that I can be happy without money because I cannot be.

Anyways, to the girl on a budget, I understand you and I give you hugs. This is not easy and I get that, but we can do this. We will be fine. Everything is okay. All is well. Trigger the fake smile and tears streaming down my face.

Shall we introduce ourselves? Who are we? What is life like?

How do you really know if you're money constricted?
5 proven poor people actions: 

1) You see a cute shirt at Urban Outfitters. You picture yourself wearing said shirt because it is GORGEOUS. You already see Zac Efron approaching you saying, "Wow. I have never seen a shirt look so good." But upon viewing price tag, all of a sudden that becomes the world's most hideous shirt.

2) When shopping, you pick out two or three things. Stand in the 20 minute line while telling yourself it is a good purchase and you deserve to treat yourself. But when you are next to check out, it happens: The clothes go back on the rack and you exit the store.

3) You are starving- actually meal deprived, but you would rather spend your money on clothes than something you will poop out later.

4) You've googled "Free things to do for fun" more than you're willing to admit. This only results in nothing to do unless you want to make a craft or "Run a 5k" (That suggestion always appears on lists of free fun, which is insulting because "fun" is the keyword here, not death).

5) Goodwill is your ride or die. It is your paradise. It is your bliss. It is your kingdom come. Goodwill has been there for you when humans haven't, and that is okay.

3 comments:

  1. You are so funny! Also, it doesn't seem that long ago that I was in your place. Time flies and things certainly change! (Although bargain shopping doesn't end once your budget increases!)

    ReplyDelete