Friday, April 1, 2016

A Park and a Popsicle


     I'm not gonna lie, I've got a pretty good job. When I drive in to work, I drive to a wonderful home filled with love from an amazing family: Two sweet girls, a puppy, and their cherished big brother who truly have superheroes for a mom and dad. Cut out that sparkling family from "The Children's Place" ad and that's who I get to be a nanny for! Sure they have their fair share of life's ups and downs, but I got lucky with this one.

     Most people don't wake up on a Friday excited to go to work, BUT THIS GIRL DID - after her coffee, that is, because everything is bad before that. I had Nora-Jane all to myself today, so we decided to go exploring! We went to the 12th South area downtown and zoomed to the nearest playground. By zoomed, I mean we stopped every half step to pick a flower, twirl around, and collect shiny diamonds (gravel). But once we finally made it and were in the midst of our swinging fun, my eye caught a glimpse of something so beautiful I couldn't break eye contact. Just mere steps from where I was standing the most wonderful sight stood still- A Popsicle Shop.

   That's right. An entire shop completely dedicated to the sugary goodness of popsicles. An entire shop dedicated to making me happy and warm. So many flavors. So many soon-to-be good moods upon ingestion. It took two seconds for me to realize where I truly belonged at that moment: Las Paletas.

 Once we got "so high we could touch the sky" on the swings, we made our way to Las Paletas and ordered two strawberry creme popsicles. Nora- Jane orders ice cream and popsicles based on their color. Luckily, pink is usually a strawberry flavor and that settles well with her (and me...and my hips).



Blog summary: Today was good. Popsicles are good. My job is good. My heart is full.



1 comment:

  1. You are very kind and gracious. We couldn't have found anyone more perfect to help with our precious babies.

    ReplyDelete