Saturday, July 2, 2016

How to Survive the Dressing Room




The dressing room is a terrible place to be, let's just be honest. The lighting is horrifying, unless you're in Victoria's Secret because somehow that lighting really does make you look like an angel. Most dressing rooms, however, are lit with a terrible fluorescent glow that magnifies all of our problem areas. AND HOW DARE THERE BE A MIRROR WHERE YOU CAN SEE YOURSELF FROM EVERY ANGLE?! WHO INVENTED THIS?!

Anyways, the dressing room can be a stressing room if you aren't careful. So how do I survive the dressing room?

1. I try to avoid it at all costs.
     If I know an article of clothing is not going to work for me, I do not lie to myself and say that it will to only get horrified in the dressing room. I simply put the skin tight tank back on the rack, and run away.

2. Continue to tell yourself it's the lighting.
    "Wow, I really didn't think this top would look this bad on me." "Oh yeah, wait, it's just the lighting." It is always the lighting, ok?

3. Take in more than one size of the article of clothing.
     This may sound like a no brainer, but I rarely do this and I just end up leaving the store because I'm sad the one size didn't fit. The next size will ladies, and you will look great in it and leave happy. It's just a number.

4. Take pictures and send to your best friends for advice.
     If they are real friends, they'll reassure you that you look fine and normally it will go like this: "Oh my gosh!!!! You look so good in that! YAS buy it now!"  Then buy it and go hug them. Everyone needs a hug after the dressing room experience.

5. Never go shopping if you are on a time crunch.
    If you are planning to enter the dressing room, do not do so during a lunch break or a quick shopping run. A mental breakdown will ensue and you will be depressed for the rest of the day and hungry because you didn't eat during your lunch break, so.

6. IT'S ALWAYS THE CLOTHES FAULT.
     Last but not least, it is never your fault. Duh. Always blame the clothes. When the lady at the desk asks, "Did those work for you?" Simply respond with, "I'm sorry  but these clothes were not adequate enough for my incredible figure and sensational personality." 

Clothes. What even are they?

   

No comments:

Post a Comment